Accommodations Plus International (API) is a full service travel management company that offers an innovative and powerful combination of crew accommodation services and leading edge technologies to the airline and transportation industries. Since 1984 we’ve been providing crews with an exceptional layover experience while achieving maximum value for our airline and transportation partners. Our proven sourcing methodologies, in concert with our premier, state-of-the-art technologies, provide clients with a refreshing new approach for managing crew layovers. And, our reputation for integrity and total customer satisfaction makes us the perfect partner. You can learn more about API on our website, 220.127.116.11. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join an exciting company poised for growth. We are looking for an individual who is professional, has a high level of integrity, is computer literate, and has the ability to work independently or within a team.
The Operations Agent – Level I is the API client and vendor primary point of contact within the Operations Center. The Operations Agent – Level I is responsible for assisting with the operational support and customer service components of the API Operations Center. The Operations Agent – Level I will assist more senior Operations Agent with task completion. This collaboration includes all necessary internal departments as well as outside parties to eliminate operational challenges involving clients, hotels and transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete Operations Agent certification process.
• Learn and maintain API procedures for work methodology, reservations systems and ACES.
• Process all client requests received by the Operations Center via phone, email, and fax or through the API systems. Assess all client requirements.
• Ensure hotel and transportation requests are secured.
• Reviews, monitors and alleviates discrepancies within API system.
• Acts to mitigate client lodging/hotel and transportation challenges.
• Build and maintain business relationship with clients by providing prompt and accurate service. Understand situations and address client needs by translation into solutions.
• Follow-up on all client requests and transactions. Tasks must be completed as client satisfaction is critical.
• Alert the Supervisor on items of critical nature which may require management involvement for resolution.
• Negotiate with vendors (Hotels, Ground Transportation, others) to best support the client and API.
• Resolve client disagreements in a professional manner. Present facts to support solutions.
• Ability to multi-task during irregular operations or accommodate to the changing dynamic of a client airline schedule.
• Ability to work within a team environment or work independently.
• Consistently arrives at work on time.
• Other duties as assigned to assist API in achieving its operational goals and objectives.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential duties of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
For the Level I Operations Agent, a High School Diploma (or its equivalent) with one to two years’ experience of hotel/travel industry experience is required. Experience in the airline industry is a plus: airline crew scheduling and/or crew planning. In the absence of a degree, comparable experience will be considered. If at API, Operations Agent Level 0 must be completed or waived in lieu of experience.
• Excellent understanding of reservation systems, hotel room blocks/allotments, rate structure, payment forms, and booking processes required.
• Strong computer skills and working experience with airline and/or hotel reservations systems is a plus.
• Working knowledge of EXCEL, Word, Outlook and Internet research is required.
• Knowledge of Ground Transportation reservations.
• Knowledge of US and World geography.
• Knowledge of Hotel as a product: hotel chains, categories, and locations.
• Must possess an ability to manage one’s own time, to ensure that work that needs to be accomplished in a given time is, in fact accomplished. The ability to prioritize the work provided by others in terms of importance is imperative to this position.
• Multilingual skills (especially Spanish/French) are a plus.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills; must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written). In addition, the ability to listen actively is highly important for this job as well.
• Must have an interest and ability in serving others. Requires outstanding relationship management and customer service orientation skills.
API is seeking seasoned professional to join our company in the role of a Bilingual Mandarin, Spanish and/or Portuguese Accounting/Billing Specialist. The position will be based in our headquarters office located in Melville, New York. The Accounting/Billing Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of routine functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, or related financial areas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience:
Accommodations Plus International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Accommodations Plus International (API) is a growing, Long Island-based travel management company that is dedicated to enhancing the business and leisure travel experience of airline professionals as well as corporate and business travelers throughout the world. As the result of increased demand for our services, we are experiencing great growth and will be looking to add professional individuals who want to grow with us.
Our company is currently seeking a Full Time Airline Support Specialist to support one of our airline clients. We are looking for an individual, who is professional, has a high level of integrity, is computer literate and is able to work independently and proactively.
The Airline Support Specialist is the client and vendor main point of contact for API’s Operations Center. The Airline Support Specialist will actively support the client’s operations initiatives by a timely process of directed reservations, maintaining and cultivating successful relationships with our Airline partner and maintaining a strong focus on providing the best customer service at all times.
Total customer service to include but not limited to the following:
We welcome serious candidates looking for long term employment.
Compensation and Benefits: